COVID-19 Facts & Definitions
The health and safety of our patients, staff and the community at large is of upmost
importance to us. Thank you for bearing with us as this pandemic unfolds.
We are here for you and your family
Symptoms of COVID-19:
* Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, low oxygen saturation, fatigue, sore throat, headache, body aches, new loss of sense of smell or taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, inflammatory conditions such as "covid toes"
* Defined as being within 6 feet for at least 10-15 minutes without appropriate PPE of someone who tested positive in the 48 hours before their test was taken or anytime in the 10 days after the test
* Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
- Isolation is for those who have symptoms of COVID, and is for a minimum of 10 days from onset of symptoms unless you have a negative test. One can return to public once: at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset, no fever for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications and other symptoms have improved (*with the exception of loss of smell or taste as this can last months).
* Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
-Quarantine is for those who have a known exposure, and is for 14 days regardless of a negative test. *Quarantine can be longer than isolation, given that one can turn positive at any time within 14 days of an exposure.
Detailed table on who requires isolation & quarantine based on reason. Link to table.
Cartoon to help explain COVID-19 to your children: Explain COVID-19