Welcome to Our
A medical home for your family's healthcare needs
Office updates, tips and advice
The health and safety of our patients, staff and the community at large is of upmost
importance to us. Thank you for bearing with us as this pandemic unfolds.
We are here for you and your family
*Telehealth is here:
We are very excited to announce that our practice now has the capacity to do virtual visits. In light of social distancing and keeping exposures to a minimum we are very excited to offer this. To schedule a visit, call our office. Keep in mind:
- You need an active MyChart account. To set one up, call us at 617-965-6700
- In light of the health and safety of everyone we are keeping visits in the office to a minimum in order to be able to continue to be able to deliver vital well care and vaccines.
- At this time we are still seeing well visits for ages 15 months and younger. These visits will be in the morning. We ask that only one parent or guardian accompany each child if possible.
- We will continue to offer sick visits throughout the day via telehealth. We will be keeping the sick visits that we see in the office to a bare minimum and only in the afternoon, to decrease exposure for all.
- We will continue to offer well visits for any age via telehealth throughout the day. If you well visit has already been canceled or re-scheduled, we are happy to re-schedule the well visit via telehealth. Please call us to do so. For these visits, we will ultimately have children return for an exam and vaccines as soon as it is safe to do. Please keep in mind, well visits do not have co-payments.
- Please be aware, in efforts to minimize the amount of people in our office, we are keeping as many staff at home as possible. You may receive phone calls from unknown or restricted numbers. We encourage you to answer these calls as they may be from our nurses trying to return your calls.
If you have symptoms (fever, cough, congestion and/or runny nose):
- If you have mild symptoms, the current CDC recommendation is to self-quarantine at home for 14 days. If you think you need to be seen, please call us to discuss with our medical staff.
- We are not yet testing for COVID-19 in our office. Testing kits are limited. Call us first to determine if you need to be directed to a testing site.
- Anyone with respiratory distress should go directly to the nearest emergency room.
Helpful tips about COVID-19:
- Most patients have mild symptoms (particularly infants, children and pregnant women)
- If your child's symptoms are mild they do not need to be seen. We recommend you stay at home
Tips for staying quarantined and talking to your children about COVID--19
- Play in open areas like parks
- Sing songs to promote longer hand-washing
- Cartoon to help explain COVID-19 to your children: Explain COVID-19
- Encourage friends and family to stay quarantined too: help us stop the spread and flatten the curve
- Mindfulness and mental are vital at times like these. Our mental health providers, Susan Brown (Behavioral Health Coach) and Dr. Charles D Brown (Psychologist) are available via telehealth as well
- Mindfulness: Headspace
- Online painting classes and mommy groups: The Paintbar
Ways to help keep you and your family protected:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and/or who have traveled to a location with COVID-19 activity in the last 14 days
Newton Wellesley Family Pediatrics, located in Newton, Massachusetts, is committed to providing the highest quality pediatric care for your family. From birth to the college years, our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners provide premier, comprehensive, and compassionate care.
All of our doctors are taking new patients. Come join our family!
Monday - Friday:
8am - 9am Reserved for same-day sick visits (by appointment)
9am - 5pm Scheduled appointments
*Same-day sick visits are also available throughout the day by appointment
9am - 12 noon Sick visits by appointment
If your child is sick after hours and you need urgent medical advice, call and leave us a message and we will return your call promptly. However, if it is a non-urgent matter, we kindly request you call on the next business day.
Please note our office will be closed for the following upcoming holidays.
As always, there will be a doctor on-call 24/7 for phone emergencies.
Office is CLOSED:
-Memorial Day: Monday May 25th, 2020
2000 Washington Street, Suite 468
Newton, MA 02462
Phone: (617) 965-6700
Fax: (617) 965-5239