Welcome to Our
A medical home for your family's healthcare needs
Office updates, tips and advice
The health and safety of our patients, staff and the community at large is of upmost
importance to us. Thank you for bearing with us as this pandemic unfolds.
We are here for you and your family
Interested in joining our e-mail newsletter?
- What for? Stay in touch with regular office updates and helpful parenting tips
- How often? Usually our e-mails are once monthly *as this pandemic unfolds, we will keep you posted as needed
*Telehealth is here:
We are very excited to announce that our practice now has the capacity to do virtual visits. In light of social distancing and keeping exposures to a minimum we are very excited to offer this. To schedule a visit, call our office. Keep in mind:
- You need an active MyChart account. To set one up, call us at 617-965-6700
- Following the recommendations of Governor Baker's office and the American Academy of Pediatrics, we are starting to slowly expand our in-office visits. To do so safely, please see below for some additional measures our office will be taking.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics strongly encourages patients and providers to continue to bring children in for vaccines amidst the COVID pandemic to prevent outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases. See a message from the AAP here.
**Please arrive 15 minutes in advance. Only main entrances are open and the hospital is screening everyone that enters, thus it may take a few minutes longer to get up to our office. Masks are available upon entry to the hospital.
**Check in from your car. We encourage all families to call our office when you arrive so that we can ensure a room is ready. We can run any payments over the phone. We may ask you to wait in your car until a room is ready in order to avoid spending time in our waiting room.
**Separate entrance and exit. All patients will enter our office through the usual entrance, and will be directed to leave through a separate back entrance.
**Parents and guardians of patients 13 years and older may be excused towards the end of the visit in order to give your child some confidential time with their provider. During this time we ask that you return to your car to avoid extra exposure in our waiting room. Please be available by phone in case we need to reach you.
** We ask that one caregiver, and no siblings, accompany patients and everyone above the age of 2 years old wear a mask at all times.
** We will continue to separate well child visits from sick visits, and the majority of sick visits will be conducted via teleheath at this time. Adhering to the above guidelines can help protect you and others during your in-person visit.
- Starting May 18: We expanded our well visits to include: up to age 24 months of age, 4 years old, 11 years old, 16 years old and 18 years old (these visits require vaccinations)
-Starting June 1, we will be expanding our in-person visits to: well visits of all ages.
-We will continue to offer well visits for all ages via telehealth at this time. If possible, please obtain a weight and height and answer any screenings assigned via MyChart prior to your appointment.
-In order to stay as paperless as possible, we recommend you sign up for MyChart even if you have an in-person appointment, in order to view your after-visit summary and documents online. Call us to sign up today.
- We will continue to offer sick visits throughout the day via telehealth. We will be expanding our in-person sick visits prioritized towards diagnoses that may require antibiotic treatment.
-Please note, telemedicine visits and phone calls are billed to your insurance company just as in-office visits are. Depending in your coverage, their may be some patient responsibility.
-If you or anyone in your family has symptoms of COVID-19 (new fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, shortness of breath, muscle aches, loss of smell or taste) or known exposure to a COVID case, please call our office before your appointment to discuss the safety of coming in. Our office will be calling to confirm your appointment and ask you screening questions 24 hours prior to your visit.
FYI: We know coming to the doctor's office can be scary for children and families.
For everyone's safety, we will be wearing differing levels of personal protective
equipment. Helping your child prepare for what to expect can help allay fears.
With that in mind, this is what we will look like. Feel free to share this photograph
of our very own Dr. Brown before you come, talk about how masks can help protect
us and you, and maybe even decorate your masks before you come in!
-Testing is now available by appointment-only at Newton-Wellesley Hospital testing tent. Please call us to determine if your child meets criteria for testing.
- Anyone with respiratory distress should go directly to the nearest emergency room.
- Please be aware, in efforts to minimize the amount of people in our office, we are keeping as many staff at home as possible. You may receive phone calls from unknown or restricted numbers. We encourage you to answer these calls as they may be from our nurses trying to return your calls.
Ways to help keep you and your family protected:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and/or who have traveled to a location with COVID-19 activity in the last 14 days
Newton Wellesley Family Pediatrics, located in Newton, Massachusetts, is committed to providing the highest quality pediatric care for your family. From birth to the college years, our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners provide premier, comprehensive, and compassionate care.
All of our doctors are taking new patients. Come join our family!
Monday - Friday:
8am - 9am Reserved for same-day sick visits (by appointment)
9am - 5pm Scheduled appointments
*Same-day sick visits are also available throughout the day by appointment
9am - 12 noon Sick visits by appointment
If your child is sick after hours and you need urgent medical advice, call and leave us a message and we will return your call promptly. However, if it is a non-urgent matter, we kindly request you call on the next business day.
Please note our office will be closed for the following upcoming holidays.
As always, there will be a doctor on-call 24/7 for phone emergencies.
Office is CLOSED:
-Memorial Day: Monday May 25th, 2020
2000 Washington Street, Suite 468
Newton, MA 02462
Phone: (617) 965-6700
Fax: (617) 965-5239